- Custom Layout
- A significantly improved and more flexible interface for creating and configuring custom page layout configurations (PA-1343)
- Ability to group and order multiple note types within a single frame.
- Basic USFM 3 support (not including support for Ruby). (PA-1354)
- Automatically enabling InDesign Track Changes for new documents.
- Support for importing PA 5.x jobs into PA 6.1. (PA-1334)
- Ability to make a copy of a PA job into a new PA job. (PA-1338)
- Option to open InDesign with a PA job loaded. (PA-1340, PA-1341)
- Option to open InDesign from PA with the selected regional configuration enabled. (PA-1362, PA-1328)
- Ability to restore a PA job from a debug backup. (PA-1339)
- Option to select which books to export to Paratext / USFM (PA-1344)
- Utilities for validating and producing Print On Demand (POD) compliant jobs for upload to the Digital Bible Library. (PA-1342)
- Improvements for how \xt fields are broken into multiple lines. (PAS-1720)
- Allow a user to specify a bottom inset spacing of zero for the notes frame. (PAS-1722)
- Change tables (changes.txt, headerChanges.txt, captionChanges.txt, finalChanges.txt, undoChanges.txt) now run in a fully Unicode aware environment.
- Support additional image formats when replacing low resolution JPGs from the project
figuresfolder with high resolution images. PA now automatically places a .PDF, .INDD, .AI, .TIF / TIFF or .IDML file which has the same base name. (PA-1427)
- Better default settings for Adjust Pictures tool (starts with adjust options disabled; sets the the current figure values of wrap and caption). (PA-1429)
- Improved support for marginal verse numbers when using ID 2020.
- Code modernization.
- A general application performance improvement of approximately 20%.
- InitialChanges.txt is not longer supported or required.
- The default book name in headers will be the contents of \h, instead of being the short name in Paratext’s Scripture Reference Settings.
Note: this only affects the default book name. If a user specifies a book name source with a custom header code, like
<bcv.s>, then the source in the custom header code will prevail.
- Provide better information when warning about template bundle changes (fewer false positives; indicate which files have changed). (PAS-1956)
- Renewed user documentation.