Getting started in Publishing Assistant 6
- Carefully review the Publishing Assistant registration requirements.
- If Paratext is not yet on your computer, download and install it.
- Download and run the Publishing Assistant installer.
Current Publishing Assistant documentation is found online at https://pubassist-docs.paratext.org. You can also access it from PA by going to the Help menu and then selecting User Manual.
TCoP Mailing List
Getting Additional Help
Report a Problem
Publishing Assistant also has a built-in feature which allows registered users to report a problem to the support and development team. Using this feature will submit critical project data files as well as other important information such as which versions of PA, InDesign, and Windows you are using. This makes it easier to pinpoint and fix the problem.
- Make sure that the the InDesign book containing the files you are requesting help with is open in InDesign.
- From the Publishing Assistant Menu button, select Help, then select Report a Problem. The Report a Problem dialog will open.
- Enter your email address in the field at the top.
- Click on the Add Documents button.
- Select one or more documents to include in the backup. Hold down the
CTRLkeys to select multiple books.
- Select whether all pictures, or only pictures in the select document should be included in the backup.
- Click OK at the bottom of the document selection window.
- Write a description of the problem you are having in the large empty box in the bottom half of the window. If possible, please include a list of the steps which are required to reproduce the problem.
- Click Send at the bottom of the main “Report a Problem” dialog.
You will be asked to confirm whether it is OK to transmit the backup data directly to the UBS / SIL servers (the file will be uploaded in the background and will not affect your work).